Monday

Happy Easter!

This has been my second Easter in blog land, and again we roasted a lovely Leg of Lamb and had family over to enjoy the day! It was such a pleasure to entertain in my new lovely kitchen! 

I started the dinner off with a Pea and Mint Soup, which went down well, and was lovely and refreshing.  Then served the lamb with rosemary potatoes and wilted greens... I have to admit I was so busy eating it all I barely took a picture!!

The evening rounded off nicely with a raucous game of Cranium (in which there was a few serious accusations of unsportsmanlike behaviour!) and our family favorite 'Incognito'! 

Happy Easter!

Pea and Mint Soup
You'll need
1 tbsp olive oil
1 clove of garlic, smashed
1 small bag of frozen garden peas (around 500gms)
500mls of vegetable stock
A handful of fresh mint leaves
Some cream to garnish

Method
Lightly fry the garlic in the oil, add the peas and the stock and simmer over a medium heat for 20 minutes.  Add the mint.  Blend until smooth.  Serve hot with a swirl of cream.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Easter Lisa. What a lovely table and I'm so glad that you like your new kitchen! Thanks for the lemon meringue cake recipe. I actually used Nigella's one, but wasn't entirely satisfied. I'll use your recipe next time.

Ciara Brehony said...

Happy Easter!

What a gorgeous picture of Little M!

Nicole said...

Your Easter sounds lovely. What a pretty table and so much more sophisticated than ours. We have such a big group that it is buffet style and pot luck and everyone sits in any spot they can find. By the time the last people get their food, the first are done.

OvaGirl said...

happy easter (which I believe lingers while there is still chocolate in the house) and I am definitely going to try the soup. I love both your blogs, the adventures of ladybird are gorgeous as well, and the photography is gobsmackingly good! Lovely to meet you and look forward to dropping in again.
vxx

Lo said...

Look at your lovely kitchen! And at that delectable soup! So yummy!

Lisa -- I hope your Easter was positively Grande... and that spring treats you to far more of the same!

Great photos, as always! If I had half your talent...